Human trafficking is a global enterprise that is second to drug trafficking for the most profitable criminal business. Criminals work together and the number of victims is only increasing. Create an idea to help analysts, law enforcement, or victim services using artificial intelligence/machine learning, augmented reality, or anything else!
Some ideas to consider:
– What indicators help predict behaviors of human trafficking suppliers?
– How can data collected at the local level could help analysts at the federal level to correlate data to find traffickers and victims?
– Demonstrate use of local food prices to predict human trafficking behavior
– What can we learn from natural disasters that could prevent the emergence of human trafficking
– Create a predictive model of trafficking to forecast staffing needed for victim services and law enforcement
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
TOOLS, DATA, AND IP RIGHTS
Participants are allowed to use the open source tools provided by NGA’s GitHub site in addition to other commercially known open source tools. Participants are also encouraged to use their own proprietary solutions to develop creative and efficient products. If you are representing a company, your company’s proprietary software assets are also allowed to be used with the appropriate permission within your organization. Please reference the Terms and Conditions data to confirm that all IP rights remain with the participant and/or the organization they are representing.
All participants must agree to the terms and conditions.
Saturday, April 14th, 2018
9:00 AM – Doors Open, Breakfast Served
10:00 AM – Opening Ceremony
10:30 AM – Hacking Begins
12:00 PM – Lunch
1:30 PM – Technology Breakout Sessions
6:00 PM – Dinner Served
8:00 PM – Pitch Workshop
11:30 AM – Midnight Snack
12:00 AM – 8:00 AM Hack Through The Night!
Sunday, April 15th, 2018
8:00 AM – Breakfast
12:00 PM – Lunch
2:00 PM – Code Freeze/Hacking Ends!
3:00 PM – Live Demos Begin!
Upon completion, will have a casual social to cap the event and allow people to socialize about their ideas.
Sunday Afternoon Presentations
Sponsors will be marketing this event heavily. Don’t be surprised if a news crew shows up along the way.
Sign up for our email list to receive updates on this and future #ExpeditionHacks hackathons. To ensure you receive the most relevant information, be sure to also tell us what city and state you live in.